As the Olympics take centre stage again, we have rounded up some of our favourite inspirational quotes from the Olympians to motivate you in all areas of life!
1. "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of human spirit." - Wilma Rudolph, a track and field sprinter, in 1960 she became the first American woman to win three gold medals during a single Olympic Games. As a child Rudolph overcame polio.
2. "I am building a fire and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match." - Mia Hamm, a retired American football player whose team won gold in the 1996 and 2004 Olympics.
3."If you dream and you allow yourself to dream, you can do anything." -Clara Hughes, Canadian cyclist and speed skater. Hughes won two bronzemedals in the Summer Olympics 1996 and a gold, silver and two bronze medals over the course of three Winter Olympics (2006, 2006, 2002, 2010).
4. "As simple as it sounds, we all must try to be the best person we can: by making the best choices, by making the most of the talent we've been given." - Mary Lou Retton, a retired American gymnast. At the 1984 Summer Olympics, she won a gold medal in the individual all-around competition, as well as two silver medals and two bronze medals.
5."He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali was an American professional boxer. At 18, he won a gold medal in the light heavyweight division at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome.
6. "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort." - Jesse Owens was an American track and field athlete and four-time Olympic gold medallist in the 1936 games.
7. "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort." - Jesse Owens was an American track and field athlete and four-time Olympic gold medallist in the 1936 games.
8. "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career... I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan, a retired professional basketball player. Jordan played on two Olympic gold medal-winning American basketball teams in the 1984 Summer Olympics and 1992 Summer Olympics.
Enjoyed this portion of motivation? We think you will also like these Top inspirational quotes to keep you motivated.
Enter your email address below and we’ll keep you up-to-date with articles, features and course news.
Thank you for downloading our prospectus. The file should begin downloading shortly, but if your download has not yet begun, click here to begin downloading now.
Join our mailing list
To keep up-to-date you can join our mailing list below and we’ll keep you informed of all the exciting news, events and developments at Arden University.
Arden University is reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, the independent body entrusted with monitoring and advising on standards and quality in UK higher educationClick here to read Arden University's latest review report