Berlin’s diverse international community makes it a unique culinary destination. It’s also jam-packed with budget eats, making it a great place for those wanting to expand their palate without breaking the bank. Here we’ll guide you through some of Berlin’s most popular affordable restaurants near your campus.
- Mustafas Gemüsedöner: A cult favourite, Mustafas is the longstanding king of the doner kebab in Berlin. Be prepared for a bit of a wait, but the general consensus is that it’s more than worth it.
- Burgermeister: Home to the most famous burger in Berlin, Burgermeister is the go to venue for fulfilling your fast food cravings without cutting down on quality.
- Curry 61: If you’re looking for a good currywurst (fried sausages and fries topped with a rich red tomato curry paste), Curry 61 is one of the best places in the city to try this signature Berlin dish.
- Vegetarian or vegan food: Berlin is one of the best cities in the world for people following a vegetarian or vegan diet, with veganised versions of almost any dish you can imagine. You’ll find a lot of these in hip areas like Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg, and Neukolin.
- Ethnic foods: Berlin showcases its brimming cultural diversity with its array of international restaurants. You can find unique delicacies from every continent, with certain areas of the city even dedicated to a specific cuisine.
There’s really no shortage of options for food in Berlin - the city offers an incredible range of dishes from every corner of the world. So whatever it is you fancy, you won’t have to look hard to find it in the culinary capital of Germany.
If you would like to continue to explore our Berlin Student Guide, please click here.