Accessibility is one of Arden University’s core values; we want as many people as possible to be able to access and use our websites. To adapt our web content to your needs or preferences, you should be able to:
- Use our Accessibility Widget (provided by AccessiBe) to create an accessibility profile for yourself or to adjust the appearance, colour or orientation of our websites
- Resize text up to 200% without impact on the functionality of the website
- Zoom in up to 400% without loss of information or functionality
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard:
Tab to ‘Skip to content’ links at the top of the page to jump over repetitive information and access the main content
Tab through the content; the current location will be indicated by a clear visual change
Control our embedded media player to play audio and video materials
- Use a screen reader (e.g., JAWs, NVDA) to:
Listen to the content of web pages and use any functionality on the page
List the headings and subheadings on the page and then jump to their location on the page
Bring up a list of meaningful links on the page
- Use transcripts or closed captions with most audio and video materials
For additional accessibility information on our teaching and learning websites or to tell us about a disability and find out what support is available, students should contact our Inclusion Services Team.
Our web accessibility
We strive to exceed current accessibility standards. However, we know some elements of our websites may not be fully accessible. These include:
- Older legacy and archived material
- Some third-party content not created by Arden University
- Sites linked from Arden University pages but not run by Arden University
- Some of the activities in some of our older modules
- Some content created and shared in tutorials
- Older PDFs and Word documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- The colour contrast for some text, particularly in older documentation, may not be sufficient
If you have any difficulty accessing any of our content, please get in touch with our Inclusion Services Team, who will be happy to help you.
Feedback and contact information
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of our websites. If you find that a certain section of our website is not accessible and you can’t get access to the information that you need, please contact our Inclusion Services Team to request support, and we will ensure that you are provided with the information you need.
Arden University is passionate about supporting all of our students to succeed, and we are very experienced in arranging reasonable adjustments and meeting our students’ accessibility needs. If you have a disability, a long-term health condition, mental health difficulties, neurodiversity or any other disability-related needs, please contact our Inclusion Services Team.