Inclusion services; disability, welfare, and wellbeing

Inclusion Services (Disability) at Arden University

Welcome to Inclusion services (disability) at Arden University. If you are a student who has either an SpLD e.g. dyslexia/ADHD/dyspraxia, a long-term medical condition, a physical or sensory impairment, or a mental health difficulty, you may be entitled to access some of the following support during your studies:

  • Specialist study support for dyslexia or another SpLD
  • Mental health support 
  • Note taking support 
  • Sign language communication support
  • Risk assessment on campus
  • Personal evacuation plan on campus
  • Assistive technology such as magnifiers or screen readers
  • Ergonomic equipment such as adjustable desks 
  • Reasonable adjustments in exam such as extra time
  • Reasonable adjustments in learning and teaching such extensions or modified materials.

Please be aware that setting up support can take around 12 weeks to organise; if you feel that you will need some Inclusion support (disability) please make a start with reaching out to the Inclusion team (disability) as soon as possible; they will work with you to see what support you need, what is available to you and how long it will take to get this in place. To begin the journey please email

If you are a UK student you may also be eligible to apply for Disabled Student’s Allowance. Click the link for more information and to watch this video on how to apply for DSAs

If you are an apprenticeship student you are not eligible for DSA but may be eligible for Access to Work via your employer. To see how to apply and to check if you are eligible, please visit

For more Information for DSA needs assessors, click here.