Healthcare, Public Health, and Social Science courses
If you’re ready to start or develop your career in healthcare or social sciences, a degree from Arden University is your first step towards creating a professional life that will allow you to create real positive change in peoples’ lives.
Our health and social care blended and distance learning degree courses are designed with the most cutting-edge methods and industry developments at their core. As you study with us you’ll become equipped to tackle the unique challenges faced by people and communities, both at home and internationally.
Our health and social care lecturers have years of experience working in, studying, and researching their fields. Plus, our health and social care courses are professionally accredited by organisations including the Chartered Management Institute, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA), and are endorsed by the UK’s Institute of Health & Social Care Management (IHSCM), adding even more value and recognition to your degree qualification.
Choose how you want to learn
At Arden University, we offer you the opportunity to study your way. Want to study health and social care online from anywhere in the world? Then our online learning courses offer you the chance to do just that. Plus, you’ll have the flexibility to create your own study schedule that fits around your personal and professional life when you study health and social care online with us.
If you’d prefer to attend lectures and tutorials at one of our study centres in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds or Berlin, then our blended learning courses build in two days a week of face-to-face tuition with your course tutor and classmates, complemented by around 25 hours of online study.
Whichever route you choose, you can continue to work alongside your studies, either full or part-time, to ensure that you don't need to put your life on hold while achieving your qualifications.
- Our bachelor’s degree in health and social care, which includes a foundation year entry, have been developed to ensure you gain a full understanding of the challenges faced by healthcare professionals, whilst also acquiring management skills that will equip you to progress your career to the next level.
- You’ll also explore important concepts including social responsibility, policy making, and politics and ethics in the worlds of health and healthcare management. So whether you’re thinking of starting a career in healthcare or the social sciences, or you’re ready to step into a management position in your existing healthcare career, you’ll graduate from your course prepared to take on management-level responsibilities in organisations throughout the fields of healthcare or social science. You can also study a health and social care top up degree online with us if you have previous qualifications you want to build upon.
- Arden’s bachelor’s courses in healthcare are professionally accredited by organisations including the Chartered Management Institute, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA), and are endorsed by the UK’s Institute of Health & Social Care Management (IHSCM).
- Degree courses in public and global health at Arden University have been developed to meet the increasing demand for graduates with a passion for managing and leading preventive health services in communicable and non-communicable diseases. These courses place emphasis on teaching you the most current skills in healthcare and digital literacy in health services management.
- Arden’s public and global health master’s courses are professionally accredited by organisations including the Chartered Management Institute, the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA), and are endorsed by the UK’s Institute of Health & Social Care Management (IHSCM).
- We are a dynamic and flexible higher education institution offering sector relevant education that delivers confident and highly skilled graduates, to lead and manage across the breadth of health and social care.
- The School of Healthcare Management aims to offer a comprehensive, contemporary education in the management of health and social care services and teams, equipping successful students to enter careers in a rewarding, employment-secure industry and ultimately contribute to the health and wellbeing of people across the world.
- Our academic staff at Arden University have years of industry experience and are deeply passionate about the subjects they teach. Collectively, the team have contributed to their field through years of research, and regularly publishing academic materials in their areas of expertise. Staff members have also worked directly in the health and social care industry, holding positions in hospitals, pharmacies, and as consultants.
- Meet the team