Berlin has an exceptional shopping scene, with endless possibilities to suit every taste and budget. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular options for students studying at Arden Berlin.
- Shopping centres: If you’re looking to do all your shopping in one go, shopping centres offer a huge range of products to fit your every need. Both Mall of Berlin and Postdamer Platz Arkaden are within a ten minute walk from Arden University, while other popular malls like Alexa and East Side are within a short ride away.
- Shopping streets: Berlin boasts plenty of bustling shopping streets lined with trendy and affordable shops. Some go to districts for Arden students are Alexanderplatz, Hackescher Markt, and Kurfürstendamm and Tauentzienstrasse, all within about a 20 minute transit from the university.
- Secondhand and vintage: For those looking for a bargain, nearby neighbourhoods like Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg offer a handful of secondhand and vintage shops to choose from. One of the most frequented of these is Humana, which has many locations throughout the city.
- Market halls and street food markets: There are four market halls (Marheineke, Nuen, Arminius, and Tegelin) in Berlin offering an assortment of fresh foods and household goods, all of which are easily accessible from Arden University by public transport. Within these large halls, you’ll also find independent stalls offering a pan-global menu of culinary delights to indulge in.
- Supermarkets: Supermarkets like Aldi, Lidl, and Netto offer affordable groceries for a student budget and can be found all over the city. Berlin also offers an impressive range of authentic international food markets and specialty diet shops to satisfy all your grocery needs.
Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll be sure to find it in one of Berlin’s many diverse shops, department stores, malls, or boutiques. Almost every popular neighbourhood in Berlin has something interesting to showcase, whether you’re searching for something specific or exploring what the city has to offer.
If you would like to continue to explore our Berlin Student Guide, please click here.