Study your Accounting & Finance Degree with Arden in Berlin
Our Accounting & Finance degree course will provide you with essential financial and management accounting skills, as well as a strong, broad and practical knowledge of the world of finance.
The overall aim of this Arden University qualification is to enable you to acquire the skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors.
By the end of the 3 years, you should have developed a range of transferable skills that will assist them throughout the careers they choose.
You’ll study via Blended Learning at our Berlin study centre in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education^.
^According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Boost your CV with FREE industry-certified courses
These FREE business and technology courses complement our degree modules, are valued by employers and will further enhance your CV, helping you stand out in the sector. See the 'Industry Skills' tab below for more information.
With Arden University's Accounting and Finance degree qualification, you will be able to develop personal and management skills through working up and practicing leading a team.
Year 1 (Level 4):
- Financial accounting
- Cost accounting
- Developing personal and management skills
- Business maths
- Understanding the business environment
- Managing information systems
Year 2 (Level 5):
- Business law
- British tax system
- Accounting and audit framework
- Financial reporting
- Management accounting
- Decision making
Year 3 (Level 6):
- Financial management
- Professional, statutory and current accounting issues
- Research methods & dissertation
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change
Arden's BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance degree course is aimed at anyone seeking a career in accounting and finance.
This course will provide you with key skills in financial reporting and management accounting, and knowing how to apply these to inform good financial decision making in real business situations.
- Enables students to develop professional-level skills and understanding across a range of accounting related disciplines.
- Enables students to acquire the knowledge, understanding and also practical skills relating to key inter-connected disciplines applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, at a local, national and global level.
- Promotes an understanding of the key aspects of current practice and the interconnectedness of key areas within the field of accountancy.
- Equips students with the essential employability skills and tools to work ethically and professionally in a business environment and to be effective practitioners, when working independently and when collaborating with others.
- Provides an intellectually stimulating online academic environment in which students can develop confidence as independent learners and as members of an international community of learners and thereby inspire students to become lifelong learners.
Standard entry requirements:
- 2 subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in 3 subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- A completed recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- Personal statement
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element)
Non-standard entry requirements:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have a strong motivation to study the programme. A personal statement will be needed if you do not meet the standard entry requirements. This statement should be between 350-500 words and should include your references, relevant prior experience and qualifications.
Furthermore, we will ask for references and evidence of a minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
A completed application form is required for all entry routes.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden's innovative Blended Learning programmes combine traditional face-to-face classes with the flexibility of online study.
You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries through our online portal, iLearn.
Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams.
In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own Student Support Coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
The course fees for BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance are €8,000 per year. An initial deposit of €1,000 is required to secure your place on this course
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the cost of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
In addition to the qualification itself, your course fees cover a range of student support services, including visa application support, as well as German language classes for international students.
To find out more, please contact a Programme Advisor.
Upon completion of this undergraduate Accounting & Finance qualification, you will be prepared to enter a variety of business, financial and accounting roles as an Arden graduate.
Candidates equipped with a solid understanding of business management as well as financial knowledge and accounting skills are highly valued to many employers.
Some roles you might consider are:
- Finance Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Tax Advisor
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit
- Excellent employment prospects
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
Enhance your career prospects with Salesforce and Cisco Networking Academy
Arden are pleased to offer students studying this degree course the opportunity to develop additional skills. You have the chance to develop your own learning journey towards Salesforce accreditation via the 'Salesforce Trailhead' programme. Salesforce have been an industry leader in customer relationship management (CRM) for more than 20 years, so this gives you the opportunity to gain an extra self-managed certification while studying your Arden degree.
Similarly, Cisco Networking Academy is a platform providing Business and IT professionals with a space to develop their careers in the industry, with study-at-home courses helping them acquire new skills at a pace that suits them. With Arden you have the opportunity to study these courses alongside your degree.
About Salesforce certification
By studying a Salesforce-certified course, you’ll have access to professional-level materials, ensuring your industry knowledge remains current.
There are 140 Trails and 520 badges to choose from, covering many aspects of business, computing and using Salesforce as a management tool.
About Cisco Networking Academy
Take a look at the video below to learn all about Cisco Networking Academy, how it works and how it can benefit you.
Gain industry-relevant skills:
Develop additional skills relevant to roles in marketing, business, sales and technology, allowing you to stand out in crowded jobs markets.
Add value to your CV
Gain a competitive advantage in the jobs market, as well as proving your enthusiasm for your industry, dedication to self-development and eagerness to learn to potential employees.
Access professional-level content and a student community (Salesforce only)
Access materials used by industry professionals, and join the Salesforce student community, interacting with others and sharing your experiences
Get your LinkedIn badge (Cisco only)
For each course you complete, you can acquire a badge for your LinkedIn profile, highlighting your skills to potential employers, and proving that you’re highly engaged and proactive in enhancing your self-development.
How does it work?
Once you enrol with Arden, you will receive access to both Salesforce and Cisco’s online, self-paced courses through your learning platform, iLearn. Here, you’ll be able to pick and choose which courses you’d like to study.
You’ll study the course content as and when it suits you. The hours required to complete a course vary; the amount of time needed to complete a Salesforce course ranges from 35 minutes to 21 hours, while the majority of Cisco courses take between 30 and 70 hours.
These courses are an added extra – it’s entirely up to you whether you complete one, 10 or none at all! Your participation (or decision not to study these additional extras) won’t have any effect on your degree or the grades you receive.
The Salesforce Trailhead and Cisco courses are completely free to study, but there are is a fee of £150-£200 per badge for LinkedIn badge certifications from Cisco.
Thank you for downloading our prospectus. The file should begin downloading shortly, but if your download has not yet begun, click here to begin downloading now.