Who to contact at Arden in Berlin

You can connect with Arden University’s Berlin Student Support team via email at: berlinstudentsupport@arden.ac.uk or alternatively, give us a call on +44 24 765 15700 - ext. 902 or 903 (GB) or +49 30 235901000 (DE)

Our Student Support team is here to answer any questions you may have about your course, application, enrolment, accommodation, your visa, health insurance, work permit and residence permit - or anything else you need to ask them related to Arden.

You can also find out more on Residence Permits and Health Insurance below.

Residence Permits

Students applying for a Residence Permit are requested to report to the German Foreigners' Office* in person with the following required documents:

  • Valid passport with biometric passport photo
  • Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit (for first-time applicants only)
  • Proof of secure livelihood
  • Proof of financial stability: 
    • blocked bank account at a German Bank with 10,236 euros OR
    • submission of a declaration of commitment by a 3rd party on an official form OR
    • scholarship documentation OR 
    • notarised declaration from parents securing the livelihood of the student for the duration of their studies with proof of the income of the parents in the last six months
  • Proof of health insurance. Those with statutory health insurance are sufficiently insured. Those with private health insurance must consider the type and extent of their health insurance.
  • Certificate of enrolment or conditional approval for study in Germany (provided by Arden University) 
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin 
  • Certificate of registration at the main residence.

*The German Foreigners' Office (Auslanderbehörde Berlin) is located at: Keplerstraße 2, 10589 Berlin

U-Bahn U 7 (Mierendorffplatz) or Bus M27 (Keplerstraße)

Arden University students

Arden University student outside her Berlin accommodation

Health Insurance for Students

All students will need to have valid health insurance in place before the government will grant you a residence permit.

There are a number of options for adequate insurance, we have listed a few for reference below. Health insurance may cost around 37-100 euros.

Please note this information is not comprehensive. Please contact the necessary government bodies to be confident you have met their requirements. A residence permit will not be granted unless proof of adequate health insurance has been submitted. 

Please note that travel health insurance is not accepted as it is only valid for short stays in Germany.

1. Statutory Healthcare Insurance

Your health insurance may be covered by the German Statutory Health Insurance.

2. Private Healthcare Insurance

In the case of private health insurance, the coverage must be equivalent to that of statutory health insurance. Specifically, it must not: 

  • Exclude any substantial services or benefits
  • Require, that in the case of illness, the insured person is able to cover annual deductible fees in excess of 1,200 euros if, under consideration of these deductible fees, said person's income would be sufficient to cover these deductible fees within 12 months without jeopardising assured livelihood
  • contain any limitation on the coverage of costs in the event of illness OR 
  • any expiry or extinction clause in relation to a certain age, cessation of activity, change of the purpose of residence or the loss of legal residence status.

Who are Arden University?

At Arden, we believe everyone, everywhere has the right to Higher Education. We've supported more than 50,000 students over 25 years and are experts in online Higher Education

We offer career-focused online Distance Learning courses worldwide, as well as Blended Learning study at our study centres. You can study at our Ealing, Tower Hill, Holborn, Birmingham, Manchester, or Berlin study centres.

Back to top