Study your Healthcare Management Degree with Arden in Berlin
Arden University’s BA (Hons) degree in Healthcare Management provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a management-level position in a healthcare-related environment.
Our undergraduate course is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a confident healthcare professional, covering the 3 main themes of Professional Environment and Practice, Operations and Quality Management and Leadership and Management.
You will acquire a range of key skills in different areas of healthcare, allowing you to progress in your current career or kick start a new one.
You’ll study via Blended Learning at our Berlin study centre in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education^.
^According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Add value to your CV with Salesforce certifications
As part of this course, you’ll also have the chance to become certified on Salesforce technology. Salesforce is the World's #1 CRM system and expertise in this area is highly valued across industries. Even better, this certification is FREE with Arden. See the 'Industry Skills' tab below for more information.
Students studying our Healthcare Management will develop skills needed to become a successful leader in this increasingly important industry, gaining a grounded insight into fundamentally vita aspects such as the social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare.
Additional areas covered include financial control, budgeting, business analysis and planning.
- Skills for learning in care
- Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
- Communication and collaboration in managing the professional environment
- Meeting the needs of service users
- Planning & managing resources
- Fostering dignity and respect
- Financial control & budgeting
- Performance improvement and management in health and social Care
- Public health
- Health promotion
- Inter-agency working in care delivery
- Leading teams in health and social care
- Quality management in a care setting
- Business analysis and planning
- Global health and sustainability
- Project management & risk
- Research methods & final project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
This Healthcare Management degree course is for anyone looking to gain the knowledge and tools that could lead to a range of successful careers such as a professional practitioner, manager, or leader in Health and Social Care.
Arden's Blended Learning programme is essentially aimed at people who are highly organised, hard-working and passionate about helping others.
Arden's BA (Hons) Healthcare Management qualification aims to provide the skills and tools you would need to gain a managerial position in the healthcare field. It also:
- Enables students to gain a fundamental understanding the ever-changing, and often challenging environment of healthcare.
- Facilitates student’s opportunities to explore the different areas of healthcare management, all of which play crucial roles in the successful operation of services in the industry.
- Prepares students to make informed decisions from a managerial position in the healthcare field.
Standard entry requirements:
- 2 subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in 3 subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- A completed recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- Personal statement
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element)
Non-standard entry requirements:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have a strong motivation to study the programme. A personal statement will be needed if you do not meet the standard entry requirements. This statement should be between 350-500 words and should include your references, relevant prior experience and qualifications.
Furthermore, we will ask for references and evidence of a minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
A completed application form is required for all entry routes.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden's innovative Blended Learning programmes combine traditional face-to-face classes with the flexibility of online study.
You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries through our online portal, iLearn.
Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams.
In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own Student Support Coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
The course fees for BA (Hons) Healthcare Management are €8,000 per year. An initial deposit of €1,000 is required to secure your place on this course. Please note that from February 2020 onwards, an initial deposit of €2,000 will be required for all new students.
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the cost of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
In addition to the qualification itself, your course fees cover a range of student support services, including visa application support, as well as German language classes for international students.
To find out more, please contact a Programme Advisor.
Having completed this Healthcare Management degree, Arden graduates will have a wide variety of options for roles they can succeed in.
These include, but are not limited to,
- Care Manager
- Health Service Manager
- Charity Officer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit
- Excellent employment prospects
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
Boost your prospects with Salesforce certification
Arden are pleased to offer students studying this degree course the opportunity to develop additional skills. You have the chance to develop your own learning journey towards Salesforce accreditation via the 'Salesforce Trailhead' programme. Salesforce have been an industry leader in customer relationship management (CRM) for more than 20 years, so this gives you the opportunity to gain an extra self-managed certification while studying your Arden degree.
About Salesforce certification
By studying a Salesforce-certified course, you’ll have access to professional-level materials, ensuring your industry knowledge remains current.
There are 140 Trails and 520 badges to choose from, covering many aspects of business, computing and using Salesforce as a management tool.
Gain industry-relevant skills
Develop additional skills relevant to roles in marketing, sales and technology, allowing you to stand out in crowded jobs markets.
Add value to your CV
Prove your enthusiasm for your industry, dedication to self-development and eagerness to learn to potential employees.
Access professional-level content and a student community
Access materials used by industry professionals, and join the Salesforce student community, interacting with others and sharing your experiences.
How does it work?
Once you enrol with Arden, you will receive access to Salesforce courses online via your online learning platform, iLearn.
Courses including CRM Fundamentals for Salesforce Classic; Measuring your Marketing Impact and the Fourth Industrial Revolution are available to study, and the amount of time needed to complete a Salesforce course ranges from 35 minutes to 21 hours, which you will need to fit in around your degree study time, at a pace to suit you.
These courses are an added extra, and you decide whether or how many you complete. Your participation won’t have any effect on your degree or the grades you receive.
The Trailhead courses are completely free to study.
Thank you for downloading our prospectus. The file should begin downloading shortly, but if your download has not yet begun, click here to begin downloading now.