When: Wednesday 20th July 2022 and Thursday 21st July 2022
*Important – please plan to have both days free. We will be holding two ceremonies, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. We will be able to confirm the precise timings by 30th May 2022, after registration has closed and you will be given the day and time of your ceremony at this point. Please check your emails after this date for more information.
Where: Central Hall Westminster Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH
How long will the ceremony last?
The formal graduation ceremony will last approx. 2 hours. It will be followed by a celebratory drink’s reception lasting around one hour.
Gowns will need to be returned promptly after the drinks reception to allow us to prepare for the next ceremony.
In 2022, Arden University graduation ceremonies will take place at Central Hall Westminster in central London.
Central Hall Westminster is one of the largest conference and events venue in central London. The Grade II* listed building was first inaugurated as a public meeting space for the Methodist Church in 1912, so hosting successful events is integral to who they are. Since then, the Methodist Church and Central Hall Westminster have developed strong links with the entertainment, technology, and government sectors, and welcomed many illustrious public figures through our doors – including Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, and the Prince of Wales. While Central Hall Westminster continues to be owned by Methodist Central Hall, we now host over 800 diverse events every year
Getting to Central Hall Westminster couldn’t be easier for you or your guests.
The building overlooks Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Houses of Parliament, in one of central London’s most prestigious and iconic locations.
Central Hall Westminster is a short walk from several underground and rail stations and are also served by multiple buses. Local car parking is also nearby if you are planning to travel to us by car.
Central Hall Westminster has a long tradition of hosting celebrations and great events, such as Stand Up To Cancer, The Late, Late Show and even the very first UN public address in 1946. This impressive venue, with its historical architecture and grand atmosphere, is the perfect setting for celebrating your academic achievements with your friends and family.
- You can get to Central Hall Westminster using multiple modes of transport.
- We are within easy walking distance of three underground / tube stations:
- Westminster station (Jubilee, Circle and District lines) – 3 minute walk
- St James’ Park station (Circle and District lines) – 3 minute walk
- Victoria station (Victoria, Circle and District lines) – 13 minute walk
- You can also visit the Transport for London site for additional help on planning your journey on the London Underground network.
- We are within easy walking distance of three mainline rail stations:
- Victoria rail: 13 minute walk
- Charing Cross rail: 14 minute walk
- Waterloo rail: 18 minute walk
- You can also visit the National Rail or the Train Line for additional help on planning your journey using the rail network.
- We are served by several bus routes, many of which pass directly outside our building.
- Buses 11, 24, 148 and 211 pass our door
- Buses 3, 12, 53, 53X, 87, 88, 109, 159 and 453 stop nearby
- Our building is located within the central London Congestion Charge zone. The ULEZ and LEZ operate 24 hours a day every day and covers central London. Find out if your vehicle is affected.
- If you are driving to us, you can park your vehicle in one of several public car parks, located nearby in:
- Abingdon Street
- Horseferry Road
- Rochester Row
- Semley Place
- There is also public parking adjacent to our building, on Tothill Street and Matthew Parker Street.
- If you have an EV or hybrid car, check this handy tool to find out our nearest electric vehicle charging points.
- Central Hall Westminster can be easily accessed from all London airports.
- Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Stansted, and Luton airports all operate express shuttles and rail services that travel into central London, from where you can get to us directly or change to another mode of transport.
Where to stay
Places to eat
There are a wide range of bars and restaurants near to Central Hall Westminster – perfect for you to continue your celebrations with family and friends! Here are a few suggestions: