Studying from outside the UK
Arden University makes it possible to study from anywhere in the world. Thousands of students from over 140 countries already do. You don’t need to leave your country or your family to get a UK Degree. Some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive from international students are listed below to help you with your search.
Do I need a visa?
If you enrol on a Distance Learning course you will not need to travel to the UK, so you won’t need to apply for a study visa. You'll have all the advantages of a UK Degree without the cost of being in the UK. If you need to take an assessment as part of your course, we will arrange for you to take it at a local recognised centre.
What are the entry requirements?
The best way to find out the specific entry requirements for your course is through our Arden Course Finder
- For a lot of courses at Arden we will consider work experience as well as your academic qualifications. We value practical work experience as we believe it helps you to transfer your theoretical experience to the workplace.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency at the required level. To find out the requirements for your chosen course, either call the Arden Student Recruitment Team or use our Course Finder to check the entry requirements for your chosen course.
- Exemptions on your course: If you have already achieved credits from modules you have studied at another institution, we may be able to consider these for APCL (Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning).
Call the Arden Student Recruitment Team to find out more on: 0800 268 773 / +44 (0)24 765 15700.
How can I pay for my course?
We want to make learning accessible to everyone, and our flexible payment options can help you make the best investment in your future. The following payment options are available to students outside the UK:
- Pay in full
- Pay by instalments
Please visit our fees and funding page for more information on these options.
Are the courses recognised internationally?
All our courses meet the recognised academic standards for quality in UK Higher Education.
What is the application process?
Once you have submitted your online application form, one of our Student Recruitment Advisors will contact you via email to talk about your application and answer your questions. Once we have your complete application and supporting documents, the university decision process usually takes between 5 to 10 days.
After submitting your application, you will be given the contact details for your Student Recruitment Team so you can always email or call and we can give you an update on the status of your application.
Suggested next steps...
- Find your perfect course through our Course Finder
- Contact a Student Recruitment Advisor (details at the top of this page)