Studying from Outside the UK
Arden University makes it possible to study from anywhere in the world. Thousands of students from over 150 countries already do. You don’t need to leave your country or your family to get a UK Degree. Some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive from international students are listed below to help you with your search.
Do I Need a Visa?
If you enrol on a Distance Learning course you will not need to travel to the UK, so you won’t need to apply for a study visa. You'll have all the advantages of a UK Degree without the cost of being in the UK. If you need to take an assessment as part of your course, we will arrange for you to take it at a local recognised centre.
What are the Entry Requirements?
The best way to find out the specific entry requirements for your course is through our Arden Course Finder
- For a lot of courses at Arden we will consider work experience as well as your academic qualifications. We value practical work experience as we believe it helps you to transfer your theoretical experience to the workplace.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will have to provide us with evidence that you can speak it to the required level. To find out the requirements for your chosen course, either call the Arden Admissions Team or use our Course Finder to check the entry requirements for your chosen course. An English language test such as IELTS or TOEFL will prove to us you are at the right level.
- Course exemptions: If you have already started your studies with an internationally recognised institution, you might be able to transfer credits or receive exemptions for your module.
Call the Arden Admissions Team to find out more on: 0800 268 773 / +44 (0)24 765 15700
How Can I Pay for my Course?
We want to make learning accessible to everyone, and our flexible payment options can help you make the best investment in your future. The following payment options are available to students outside the UK:
- You can pay in full and receive a discount. Find out more detail on our Fees and Funding Page.
- Pay-as-you-go: this means you stay in control of your finances and make the next payment only once you are ready to unlock your next study materials. And if you want to take a break from studying, you also take a break from your payments.
- Funding from your employer: we have put together “The answer is right in front of you” - a useful Employer Sponsorship Guide which you can use to discuss funding with your employer.
There are no monthly payment obligations, for example, students typically take three months to study a module and make a payment towards their course fee every quarter.
Please note: We are unable to provide sponsorships.
Are the Courses Recognised Internationally?
All our courses meet the recognised academic standards for quality in UK Higher Education.
What is the Application Process?
Once you have submitted your online application form, one of our Admissions Advisors will contact you via email to talk about your application and answer your questions. Once we have your complete application and supporting documents, the university decision process usually takes between 5 to 10 days.
After submitting your application, you will be given the contact details for your Admissions Team so you can always email or call and we can give you an update on the status of your application.
Suggested Next Steps
- Find your perfect course through our Course Finder
- Contact an Admissions Advisor (details at the top of this page)