Think you can’t afford to do Postgraduate Qualification? Think again!
If you're a UK resident and looking to study your Postgraduate qualification you can now apply for a loan through Student Finance England and borrow up to £10,609.
This means that it is not only Undergraduate students who can have the cost of their studies funded through a Student Loan that is paid back as you earn. Students who meet the below requirements and start an eligible Postgraduate Masters course will be able to apply for a loan to help with course fees, materials or living costs.
Please note: if you are applying to study with Arden University in Berlin, these students loans are unfortunately not available outside the United Kingdom.
Key facts about this loan:
- The non means-tested loan is available to students under 60 years' old who are residents in England, or EU students who have lived in the UK for the past 3 years.
- If you're starting a Master's degree, you could get a Postgraduate Master's Loan to help with course fees and living costs. You can get up to £10,906 if your course starts on or after 1st August 2019; £10,609 if your course started between 1st August 2018 and 31st July 2019 and £10,280 if your course started between 1st August 2017 and 31st July 2018.
- You cannot get a loan if you already hold a postgraduate qualification.
- The earliest you will start to repay is the first April after your course is completed, or you exit your course. You pay back 6% your income above £21,000.
- At the moment, the interest rate on the Postgraduate Loan is 5.4%. It’s reviewed in September every year and is set by adding 3% to the Retail Price Index (RPI).
How to apply
- The most up-to-date information is available on the Student Loans website where you can apply, or watch our handy, short Student Loans video below.
- For more information about Postgraduate Loans, you can also visit SFE's dedicated student finance zone on The Student Room at thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance
- You can apply for this loan here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/apply
Which Arden University courses are funded?
To find out more about courses and funding options through Arden University, browse our courses or call our friendly Admissions Team on 0800 268 7737.
Even if you don’t want to take advantage of the new loans available, at Arden University we offer great value qualifications and flexible payment options so that you can stay in control of your finance and focus on your learning.
Visit our Fees and Funding page for details on Employer Sponsorship, discounted Payments in Full and Instalments.