Think you can’t Afford to do Postgraduate Qualification? Think again!
If you're a UK resident and looking to study your Postgraduate qualification you can now apply for a loan through Student Finance England and borrow up to £10,609.
This means that it is not only Undergraduate students who can have the cost of their studies funded through a Student Loan that is paid back as you earn. Students who meet the below requirements and start an eligible Postgraduate Masters course will be able to apply for a loan to help with course fees, materials or living costs.
Key Facts about this Loan:
- The non means-tested loan is available to students under 60 years' old who are residents in England, or EU students who have lived in the UK for the past 3 years.
- If your course starts after 1st August 2018, you can get up to £10,609 during your Masters course. If you’re studying over 2 or more academic years, the loan will be paid in instalments and split equally across each year of study. The loan is paid in three instalments of 33%, 33% and 34% across each year.
- You cannot get a loan if you already hold a postgraduate qualification.
- The earliest you will start to repay is the first April after your course is completed. You pay back 6% your income above £21,000.
- At the moment, the interest rate on the Postgraduate Loan is 6.1%. It’s reviewed in September every year and is set by adding 3% to the Retail Price Index (RPI).
How to Apply
- You can apply now for courses that started back in 2016, to those starting this year. The most up-to-date information is available on the Student Loans website or watch our handy, short Student Loans video below.
- For more information about Postgraduate Loans, you can also visit SFE's dedicated student finance zone on The Student Room at thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance
- You can apply for this loan here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/apply
Which Arden University Courses are Funded?
To find out more about courses and funding options through Arden University, browse our courses or call our friendly Admissions Team on 0800 268 7737.
Even if you don’t want to take advantage of the new loans available, at Arden University we offer great value qualifications and flexible payment options so that you can stay in control of your finance and focus on your learning.
Visit our Fees and Funding page for details on Employer Sponsorship, discounted Payments in Full and Instalments.
Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary
Looking for additional funding as a Postgraduate? Postgrad Solutions now offer 15 bursaries across a number of our Blended Learning subject areas. Click here to apply