Accommodation information for UK blended learning students

If you're a little daunted by the idea of finding good quality private housing for the duration of your studies, don't worry. This page contains some useful information and links to get you started..

If you are considering studying a blended learning course at one of our UK study centres, you’ll get all the structure and routine of a full-time campus-based course without the full-time commitment of a traditional campus degree course. Enrolling on an undergraduate blended learning course at our UK study centres means you’ll need to attend sessions in person up to two or days a week.

Some of our students choose to commute from home to their classes, while some choose to rent private accommodation near to their study centre. Because of the flexible nature of the study schedule we offer our students, we do not offer full time accommodation services. However, if you do choose to relocate to be closer to your preferred study centre, you have lots of options to choose from. Those students who are receiving a Student Loans Company (SLC) loan may also be able to use part of their maintenance loan to cover some of the costs of accommodation.

If you’re moving with your family, we recommend that you find suitable accommodation in your location of preference first before your family joins you.

Choose your preferred study centre below to see just a few of the options you’ll have when searching for accommodation. If you’re considering joining one of our full-time courses in Berlin, please visit our Berlin accommodation services page.

Choose your Location

Our Birmingham study centre is located in Centre City Tower – it is right in the hub of the city and close to all Birmingham has to offer. There are great transport links for those who wish to commute:

Trains: The Birmingham campus is only a 2 minute walk from Birmingham New Street station, a 7 minute walk from Birmingham Moor Street and a 12 minute walk from Snow Hill.

Bus: There are many available bus links to commute to the study centre, with stops right outside the building. Bus numbers and routes can be found on the National Express West Midlands website

You can find several options for student accommodation through sites such as Accommodation for Students, Rightmove, and CRM Students:

Accommodation for Students - Birmingham

Rightmove Student Accommodation - Birmingham

My Student Halls - Birmingham

CRM Students - Birmingham

Our Manchester study centre is located in Linley House on Dickinson Street. Near St Peters Square and Piccadilly Gardens, you will be connected to the heart of a busy city and thriving student population through a variety of available transport links.

The study centre has several Metrolink tram stops nearby and is a 6 minute walk from the central coach station. If you are commuting by train, the campus is a 6 minute walk from Manchester Oxford Road and a 13 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train stations.

Manchester Student Homes is a free, university-run housing service for students.

Accommodation for Students is another easy way to find student accommodation in Manchester.

You could also consider

Areas you could consider include Ancoats, Ardwick, Blackley, Cheadle, Chorton-on-Medlock, Didsbury, Fallowfield, Gorton, Hulme, Levenshulme, Longsight, Old Trafford, Rusholme, Salford, Victoria Park, West Didsbury, Whalley Range and Withington.

The Ealing study centre has a great location with a friendly atmosphere and a great outlook.

The study centre is easily accessible by public transport:

Underground: (Zone 3) Ealing Broadway for Central and District Lines (10 minute walk to the study centre) South Ealing for Piccadilly Lines (10 min walk)

Overground: Ealing Broadway (10 min walk)

Bus Routes: 65, 83, 112, 207, 297, 607, E1, E7, E8, E9

Some suggestions for accommodation can be found below:

Central Studios – Ealing

Only a 3 minute walk away from the campus. South Ealing, Ealing Broadway and Ealing Common are nearby train connections into Central London. Postcode: W5 5BL.

Prince Consort Village – Shepherd’s Bush

Ideally located in West London, campus and central London are in easy reach. Our Ealing campus can be reached in 35 minutes via tube. Postcode: W12 9PL.

Pure Student Living – Hammersmith

Pure Hammersmith is a 2 minute walk from Hammersmith station. Our campus in Ealing can be reached in 30 minutes via tube. From £295 per week.

The Lyra, Downing Students – North Acton

The Lyra student accommodation is conveniently located next to North Acton tube station, meaning that you can easily get to our Ealing campus via a short 15 minute journey on the tube's Central line. From £225 per week.

There are also a variety of student accommodation options in London on

Our Sceptre Court campus is just on the border of the City of London - the perfect location for anyone studying a career focused degree, MBA or Master's. Tower Hill underground is just a 2 minute walk from our campus. If you’re travelling from the east, the DLR terminates at Tower Gateway which is just a few minutes’ walk away. Fenchurch Street is the nearest overground station. The buses that provide easy access to the campus are: 42, 78, 100 and RV1.

Some suggestions for accommodation can be found below:

Spitalfields Chapter Living – Spitalfields

The residence is located in the heart of the City of London right on the doorstep of Spitalfields Market, a fashionable and trendy area. It is only 8 minutes away from London Liverpool Street Station and is walking distance to our Tower Hill campus. From £294 per week.

iQ Student Accommodation – Hoxton

From £250 per week.

iQ Student Accommodation – Shoreditch

From £292 per week.

iQ Student Accommodation – Magenta House

Situated a 20 minute walk away from our Tower Hill campus. From £250 per week.

a href="" target="_blank">Therese House, The Student Housing Company

This student accommodation is centrally located and is a short walk away from Barbican tube station. Our Tower Hill campus can be reached in 16 minutes via the Circle line. Prices from £279 per week.

There are also a variety of student accommodation options in London on

Our Holborn location is in the heart of London, right next to Chancery Lane. With a plenty of restaurants, bars and cafés and businesses on your doorstep, you’ll never be short of things to do in this part of London. Easily accessible by public transport, the nearest tube stations are Chancery Lane, a three minute walk away. Farringdon is less than ten minutes away. If you are travelling by rail, Farringdon Rail station is around five minutes’ walk. The following buses stop close by: 8, 25, 63, 242, 521, N8, N63.

Some suggestions for accommodation can be found below:

Unite Students, Kirby Street – Farringdon

Located in a central, yet quiet location in London. It is less than 10 minute walk to our Holborn campus, and you can reach other major London attractions, such as St Paul’s, Oxford Circus, Covent Garden and Soho in under 20 minutes. Prices from £374 per week.

iQ Student Accommodation – Bloomsbury

Situated a short walk from Euston Square Station, you can reach our Holborn study centre in under 20 minutes via the Circle, Hammersmith & City, or Metropolitan tube lines. From £395 per week.

Liberty Court – Clerkenwell

10 minute walk from our Holborn campus and close to transport links including Farringdon and Barbican tube station. From £315 per week.

There are also a variety of student accommodation options on

Our Leeds study centre is conveniently located in the city centre, just a few minutes’ walk from The Light shopping centre. In the surrounding area you’ll find plenty of things to do during your free time, with a number of restaurants and shops in the area, as well as a multi-screen cinema, and gym. You’ll also be just a short stroll from Leeds Art Gallery and Leeds Central Library.

Some popular locations for students living in Leeds include:

Headingley is a suburb of Leeds popular with students due to its buzzing nightlife and proximity to the city centre, which lies about two miles away to the North West via public transport or the A660. Bars, clubs, cafes and other evening activities abound in the area, so you’ll never be short of something to do in your downtime.

Hyde Park is another popular student district. It is well known for its multicultural make up, and is home to Leeds Grand Mosque, the largest in Leeds. You’ll also find a number of cafes and many local independent shops, including DIY stores, takeaways, two Sainsbury's stores, a pharmacy, a laundrette, and three vintage clothes stores.

Garforth, a metropolitan suburb of Leeds, is a good option if you are moving with your family or if you prefer a quieter location away from more popular student areas. Well connected by roads and public transport, Garforth lies on the A63, which links the village with the M1 and the A1(M). The M62 also runs close by to the south of the area. 

As with our other UK study centres, you can find lots of options for student accommodation through sites such as Rightmove,, and CRM Students:

Rightmove Student Accommodation 


CRM Students

Choose your Location

Please note: as you will need to find your accommodation independently, we do not offer any funding for accommodation and are not responsible for any accommodation queries, recommendations, or complaints arising from any private rental contract you may enter into. 

This page contains information correct as of July 2017.