Two ways to apply for your Degree with Arden
There are two ways to apply for your Blended Learning or Distance Learning Degree at Arden University.
It is quick and easy to apply directly through our website, or if you prefer, you can apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
Please remember, you can only apply through UCAS if you are looking to study an Undergraduate course. All other applications need to go through our website.
How to Apply through Arden University's website:
- Go to our homepage: www.arden.ac.uk
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ box in the top right-hand corner, or the 'Apply Now' button on your chosen course page.
- Complete and submit the application form. If you get stuck at any point our friendly Student Recruitment Team are on hand to help, you can call us on 0808 274 3353 or email us at email@example.com
- When we've received your application, we'll send you a confirmation email to let you know. We'll then be in touch, usually within 2 working days, to advise you on any other supporting documents you might need to provide and answer any questions you might have.
- The Arden Student Recruitment Team will then process your application to determine if you're eligible for the course. Depending on what current experience you have and how quickly you can get these to us, this can take up to 10 working days.
- If you're found to be eligible for your course, you'll receive an offer of acceptance from us, detailing the next steps such as payment of your course fees and discussing your enrolment.
How to Apply through UCAS:
- Go to the UCAS website by clicking on this link: https://www.ucas.com
- Register with UCAS and create an account. Once you've registered, you can save your progress and come back to it at any time.
- You might find it helpful to read the UCAS step-by-step guide before you start. If you have any questions at any time, you can call UCAS directly on 0371 468 0 468
- Along with your personal details, education and employment details, you'll then be asked to complete a personal statement. If you need some help, take a look at our guide to writing a great application
- You'll then be asked to provide an academic reference. If you're applying based on work experience, then you'll need to provide a reference for a position you've held for at least 1 year.
- The final step is to pay your application fee. If you're applying for one course, the cost will be £18, or £24 for up to five course choices. If you are applying for a course or courses that start in 2020, the application fee is £20 for one course, or £25 for multiple courses and for late applications sent after 30th June 2020.
What happens next?
Whichever way you've chosen to submit your application, you're able to ask the Arden Student Recruitment Team any questions you might have.
Once we've received your application, we'll begin to assess your eligibility for the course and support you through the application process.
Whether you've applied directly through the Arden website or via UCAS, one of our Student Recruitment Team will give you a call within 2 working days. During this call, you'll get a chance to learn about the course in more detail, and we'll gather more info to help support the rest of your application.
Once complete, your application will be considered and a decision will be made by our academic team. Your personal advisor will keep in contact with you to update you on the outcome.
Once you have been accepted on to your course and your funding is in place you'll then receive all the info you need on when and how to begin your course.
Blended Learning students will also receive a timetable detailing when they should attend their study centre based seminars.
- Classes will be scheduled on either two mornings (9.00am to 1.00pm) or two afternoons (1.30pm to 5.30pm) during teaching weeks
- Classes will remain consistent for an Academic Year. Timetables (including scheduled days and times) may be subject to change from one Academic Year to the next (we will confirm timetable arrangements four weeks before the beginning of your academic year).
UCAS Extra is another chance for you to make sure you get a place at university. If you've used up all your choices and haven't yet received an offer between 25th February and 4th July 2020, you will then be able to add another choice through UCAS Extra.
If you're not holding any offers after 4th July 2020, you'll have another opportunity to add an additional choice through UCAS Clearing.
UCAS Key Dates:
15th January 2020 - Application deadline (Arden are happy to accept applications after this date)
25th February 2020 - UCAS Extra starts
30th June 2020 - Deadline for UCAS applications- any applications received after this date will automatically be entered into clearing
5th July 2020 - Deadline for UCAS Extra
13th August 2020 - A-level Results Day
21st September 2020 - Deadline for all applications for 2020 entry
20th October 2020 - Deadline for Clearing.
If you are interested in our courses and want to find out more, why not come and see us at an Arden University Open Day.