Two ways to Apply for your Degree with Arden
There are two ways to apply for your Blended Learning or Distance Learning Degree at Arden University.
It is quick and easy to apply directly through our website, or if you prefer, you can apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
Please remember, you can only apply through UCAS if you are looking to study an Undergraduate course. All other applications need to go through our website.
How to Apply through Arden University's website:
- Go to our homepage: www.arden.ac.uk
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ box in the top right-hand corner, or the 'Apply Now' button on your chosen course page.
- Complete and submit the application form. If you get stuck at any point our friendly admissions advisors are on hand to help, you can call us on 0808 274 3353 or email us at email@example.com
- When we've received your application, we'll send you a confirmation email to let you know. We'll then be in touch, usually within 1 working day, to advise you on any other supporting documents you might need to provide and answer any questions you might have.
- The Arden Admissions Team will then process your application to determine if you're eligible for the course. Depending on what current experience you have and how quickly you can get these to us, this can take up to 10 working days.
- If you're found to be eligible for your course, you'll receive an offer of acceptance from us, detailing the next steps such as payment of your course fees and discussing your enrolment.
How to Apply through UCAS:
- Go to the UCAS website by clicking on this link: https://www.ucas.com
- Register with UCAS and create an account. Once you've registered, you can save your progress and come back to it at any time.
- You might find it helpful to read the UCAS step-by-step guide before you start. If you have any questions at any time, you can call UCAS directly on 0871 468 0468
- Along with your personal details, education and employment details, you'll then be asked to complete a personal statement. If you need some help, take a look at our top tips for writing your personal statement
- You'll then be asked to provide an academic reference. If you're applying based on work experience, then you'll need to provide a reference for a position you've held for at least 1 year.
- The final step is to pay your application fee. If you're applying for one course, the cost will be £18, or £24 if you're applying for multiple courses or if you're applying after 30th June 2019.
What happens next?
Whichever way you've chosen to submit your application, you're able to ask the Arden Admissions Team any questions you might have.
If you're applying directly through the Arden website, then someone will be in touch with you within 1 working day. If you're applying through UCAS, this may take a little longer as we don't receive your application immediately, but feel free to give us a call to discuss. So we can all keep in touch, it's important to let both us and UCAS know if your contact details change at any time during this process.
Once we've received your application, we'll begin to assess if the course is right for you. One of our advisors will invite you for a chat, which can take place online, or at one of our study centres. Here, you'll get a chance to learn about the course in more detail, and we'll gather more info to help support the rest of your application.
Once complete, your application will be considered and a decision will be made by our academic team. Your personal advisor will keep in contact with you to update you on the outcome.
UCAS Extra is another chance for you to make sure you get a place at university. If you've used up all your choices and haven't yet received an offer between 25th February and 4th July 2019, you will then be able to add another choice through UCAS Extra.
If you're not holding any offers after 4th July 2019, you'll have another opportunity to add an additional choice through UCAS Clearing.
UCAS Key Dates:
15th January 2019 - Application deadline (Arden are happy to accept applications after this date)
25th February 2019 - UCAS Extra starts
30th June 2019 - Deadline for UCAS applications- any applications received after this date will automatically be entered into clearing
4th July 2019 - Deadline for UCAS Extra
15th August 2019 - A-level Results Day
20th September 2019 - Deadline for all applications for 2019 entry
22nd October 2019 - Deadline for Clearing.
If you are interested in our courses and want to find out more, why not come and see us at an Arden University Open Day.