What is Blended Learning?
Blended Learning with Arden University is essentially the best of both worlds: a flexible mix of online Distance Learning, combined with face-to-face teaching in one of our study centres based in the UK or Germany. It's ideal if you want an element of more traditional lectures, but need the flexibility of learning online wherever and whenever suits you and your schedule.
What can I expect from this Blended Learning course?
- You will spend 2 days a week at your chosen study centre
- On each of these two days you will attend a 4 hour class led by your subject tutor
- During these sessions you will be encouraged to debate, discuss and ask questions to develop your understanding and acquire key skills
- As it includes online learning, you can access materials and resources online 24/7
- The online content includes tutorials, lessons, exercises, study support and chat forums which make up the recommended 25.5 weekly self-guided study hours
- All your coursework and assignments are uploaded through a secure online zone for marking
- You can contact your tutor via email and your support team via email or phone
Arden's Blending Learning model is a modern, engaging way to learn that lets you balance learning with the other priorities in your life.
Arden study centres in the UK and Germany
We currently have 5 UK study centres and 1 Germany study centre where you can choose to study your degree with a Blended Learning study mode.
All are conveniently located with excellent study and teaching facilities, great transport links and modern amenities for all your needs. Our study centres can be found in the following locations:
If you want to discuss Degree, Degree Top-up, Master's or MBA study options with us, don't hesitate to contact a course advisor today:
- Arden UK: 0208 003 6196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arden Germany: +49 30 235901000 or email@example.com
Or, if you want to get a feel for the Arden experience in person, you can attend an Arden Open Day at one of our UK study centres.
You’ll get to meet the staff, tour the facilities and learn about the different Arden University courses available via Blended Learning.
When can I study?
You will study your programme through online independent learning, in addition to face to face seminars/teaching with lecturers in our Study Centres.
Each module is completed over a six week period and each week will require a minimum of 33.5 hours of study which comprises:
- Minimum 25.5 hours of online independent learning
- 8 hours of timetabled face-to-face teaching each week based in one Study Centre
Take a look at our example timetable here to see how you could fit Blended Learning study with Arden around your life.
- Classes will be scheduled on either two mornings (9.00am to 1.00pm), two afternoons (1.30pm to 5.30pm), or two evenings (5.30pm-9.30pm) during teaching weeks
- Classes will remain consistent for an Academic Year. Timetables (including scheduled days and times) may be subject to change from one Academic Year to the next (we will confirm timetable arrangements four weeks before the beginning of your academic year).
During the first 6 weeks of year 1 (Block 1) you will also attend 4 study skills workshops, providing advice and guidance to help you achieve university success. Sessions may include Reading & Note-Taking, iLearn Online Library, Referencing & Plagiarism and Approaching Assignments. This will bring your weekly class time up to 9.5 hours a week for Block 1. The following study blocks will be the usual 8 hours classroom time (+online tuition and self-guided study time).
What university course should I do?
Whether you're looking to do a top up degree, a foundation year course or an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree, Arden have a wide choice of Blended Learning courses available for you to choose from. Find out more about both Blended Learning and our study centres from our videos, and explore Arden's available courses below.
Course filter Clear
Explore Arden's Tower Hill Study Centre in London...
Find out what Arden students say about us and Blended Learning...
Why I love Blended Learning...
Foundation Degree student
So far I've had great support and I am looking forward to the future. I personally found [Blended Learning] a great way to learn and glad I chose Arden University to do my Degree. We have good facilities on site [in the Birmingham study centre] - a library, cafe, computer area, and a student lounge.